The purpose of this website is to inform its visitors about digital accessibility, which is the inclusive practice of removing barriers that prevent access to and use of websites, by people with disabilities. Web accessibility allows all users to have equal access to online services.
By exploring this website, you will be able to find out about:
- The history of people with disabilities’ fight for equality
- Why digital accessibility is important
- The diverse needs of web users with disabilities
- How to make your website accessible
- Resources for professional development, best accessibility practices, and receiving accessibility funding
Each page on this site contains information on different aspects of web accessibility, as well as helpful links and videos. The pages are presented in order from left to right on the top sidebar.
By creating this website, I hope to spread awareness and information about web accessibility. Everyone has the right to equal access and opportunity to the web, regardless of disability, and it is our responsibility to make the digital world a better place for all users.